Thursday, November 29, 2012

OXBLOOD!!!

So for my first official post I am gonna talk about one of my fav fall trends this year, OXBLOOD! especially on the lips! I think it looks amazing on absolutely everyone and just gives such a cool look to any outfit you want to dress up! Here are a list of my top 8!!

1. Media by M.A.C.
Its satin finish and is a dark purple, red, (more on the purple side) burgandy. Its almost fully opaque but
not quite as opaque as MAC's matte finishes.

2. Rebel by M.A.C.
This is also a satin finish and is slightly less opaque than media I feel. Its a medium tone, purple, berry, and ever so slightly pink shade. I feel like a really good shade to pick if you like to oxblood trend but don't want to go too dark.

3. Diva by M.A.C.
Its a matte finish and is completely opaque. Its very similar to media except for the finish and diva is more red. Diva is probably the most true burgundy they have. Love it!


4. Good to be Bad by M.A.C.
This a sheen supreme which is one of mac's more glossy and sheer lipstick. Its almost like a sheerer version of Media but slightly more purple. It is very glossy,and goes more on as a glossy stain than a full pigmented lipstick. This another good lipstick that is good for someone that is not to daring to go for a really dark lipstick. If you do want to wear it slightly more opaque, I wear NYC's lipstain in Smooch Proof under and it makes it more opaque, and last longer.

5. Russian Red by M.A.C.
This is a matte finish and is ever so slightly darker that your average blue toned red. It doesn't really have that neon red in it that some red do. I put this in my list just so that if you are someone that doesn't really usually wear dark lips can still follow this trend with a slightly more tradition red lip.

6. Cherry Bomb by Wet n' Wild
The finish for this lipstick is slightly more matte than a mac statin. It is extremely pigmented and very good quality for a drugstore lipstick. This is slightly more darker that mac's media but other than that, it is a perfect dupe for media. 
7. Vamp it Up by Wet n' Wild
This is the same finish as Cherry Bomb, and it is a very dark, blacken purple. This is the most daring of all this lipstick in this list. It's very dark but if its worn with the right makeup and outfit it looks amazing.  I personally like to wear this with maybe a sweatshirt so that the lipstick can dress it up. It's also a very close dupe to Mac's Cyber or Smoked Purple.

8. Mat 09 by Sephora
I feel like sephora lipstick's aren't as popular as they should be since their quite good. This one is part of their mania mat finish collection and is a great lipstick. Its completely opaque and is even more matte than mac's matte formula. (it can be drying if you do not exfoliate before applying) its is a true dark burgundy with a slight hint of berry. Also let me just say it smell AMAZING!! Its a great lipstick to get if you just want to try this new trend.

Well, thats it for my first blog post! hope u like it, and feel free to comment!
-Bye all!! :)







2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of getting a new Mac lipstick darker than the "Russian Red" that I already have. I'll try "Media" and "Diva". Thank you Bella, your review is very clear. Un besito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! It really means a lot that someone has read and learned something from my blog! :)) if ur looking for more of matte look, go for diva, and for more of a satin, media. Or get both!! :) thanks again! Stay tuned for more makeup posts! What kind of stuff would u like me to talk or review? :)

      Delete